The Departmental Assembly assigns the duties of a Study Advisor to the faculty members of the Department, no later than November 30th of each academic year, for each newly admitted student. The number of first-year students shall be evenly distributed among the faculty members and the selection shall be made in a random manner. A student’s advisor remains the same until the student’s graduation.
The Study Advisor is responsible for informing and advising students on the following topics:
- Facilitation of the first-year students in their transition from secondary to higher education.
- Encouraging students to participate in the academic processes, discussion for the studies program and the academic procedures, discussion about participation in workshops and the utilization of the infrastructure of the Department, etc.
- Development of learning paths, minimizing exam failure and discussing with the student so that the choice of courses is consistent with his personal interests, skills and abilities.
- Discussion of exam results.
- Discussion about the selection of the topic of the thesis and support in other similar educational activities.
- Discussion about postgraduate studies (at the Department, in Greece and abroad).
- Discussion about the professional prospects (opportunities in public, private sector, freelance, job abroad).
- Discussion of any topic that creates obstacles to studies.
- Information about the services offered by the University.